PhD Program in Chemistry
PhD program of the Chemistry Department requires a minimum of 21 credit-hours of at least 7 courses to be completed, PhD Qualifying Exam, Seminar, and PhD thesis.
A. Compulsory Courses
- CHEM600 Ph.D. Thesis
- CHEM698 Seminar
- CHEM699 Ph.D. Qualifying Exam
- CHEM507 Special Topics in Physical Chemistry (If not already taken in the MS program with ≥B grade)
- CHEM508 Special Topics in Organic Chemistry (If not already taken in the MS program with ≥B grade)
- CHEM545 Fundamentals of Analytical Chemistry (If not already taken in the MS program with ≥B grade)
- CHEM541 Special Topics in Electrochemistry (If not already taken in the MS program with ≥B grade)
- CHEM511 Principles of Polymer Science (If not already taken in the MS program with ≥B grade)
B. In accordance with the obligation to complete the 7 postgraduate courses in Chemistry Ph.D. program, Chemistry Postgraduate courses must be selected from the following postgraduate courses:
- CHEMXXX Any Chemistry Postgraduate Course (either from the existed ones or from the ones to be opened in the future)
- MATHXXX Any Relevant Mathematics Postgraduate Course
- COMPXXX Any Relevant Computer Postgraduate Course
- PHYSXXX Any Relevant Physics Postgraduate Course
- PHARXXX Any Relevant Pharmacy Postgraduate Course
- Any Relevant Engineering Postgraduate Course
- GRAD501 Graduate Research Skills for Science & Engineering
During the application, applicants who want to join the PhD program of chemistry department are encouraged to indicate the faculty member whose her/his RESEARCH SUBJECTS attract the attention of the applicant.
Also you can see the QUICK GUIDE for chemistry PhD program.
PHD QUALIFYING EXAM