Master Program in Chemistry
MS program of the Chemistry Department requires a minimum of 21 credit-hours of at least 7 courses to be completed, plus seminar course and the master thesis. Students in each field will take the following courses:
A. Compulsory Courses
- CHEM500 Thesis
- CHEM598 Seminar
- CHEM507 Special Topics in Physical Chemistry
- CHEM508 Special Topics in Organic Chemistry
- CHEM545 Fundamentals of Analytical Chemistry
- CHEM511 Principles of Polymer Science
- CHEM541 Special Topics in Electrochemistry
B. At Least Two or More Postgraduate Courses from the Following List
- CHEMXXX Any Chemistry Postgraduate Course (either from the existed ones or from the ones to be opened in the future)
- MATHXXX Any Relevant Mathematics Postgraduate Course
- COMPXXX Any Relevant Computer Postgraduate Course
- PHYSXXX Any Relevant Physics Postgraduate Course
- GRAD501 Graduate Research Skills for Science & Engineering
- Any Relevant Engineering Postgraduate Course
- Any Relevant Pharmacy Postgraduate Course
An elective “undergraduate course” can be selected by the student under the guidance of her/his thesis supervisor(s) and upon approval of the Department Chair. This course can be selected from the undergraduate programs offered by the departments of Mathematics, Biology, or the Faculties of Engineering or Pharmacy.
During the application, applicants who want to join the ms program of chemistry department are encouraged to indicate the faculty member whose her/his RESEARCH SUBJECTS attract the attention of the applicant.
Also you can see the QUICK GUIDE for chemistry MS program.