This page gives an overview of what is currently offered by the Physics Department. Prospect graduate students may contact the staff directly for further information.
Main Research Areas:
-North Cyprus Theoretical Physics Lab: Gravitation and Cosmology
-North Cyprus Quantum Physics Lab
-North Cyprus Experimental Physics Lab
North Cyprus Theoretical Physics Lab: Gravitation and Cosmology
Exact Solutions of the Relativistic Wave Equations
Hawking Radiation of particles with any spin number from Black Holes
Black Hole Physics: Higher and Low Dimensions, Perturbations, Stability, Quasinormal Modes, Quantization of Area/Entropy etc.
Geodesics and Chaos
Astrophysical Clouds (Scalar, Electromagnetic etc.)
Colliding Plane Waves
- Deformation of lipid-membrane / bilayer: A differential-geometry overview
- Two-dimensional curved biological surfaces: an ab initio investigation
- Collision of spherically-symmetric thin-shells in general relativity: a numerical approach
- Cylindrical thin-shells and their stability in general relativity: A generic approach
- Ab initio study of the deformed thin-shells in general relativity
- A generalization for the Israel junction conditions: From Einstein to Weyl gravity
- Einstein-Yang-Mills theory in 3+1- and higher dimensions
- COSMOLOGY: Cosmological models with Nonlinear electrodynamics, Cosmological singularities, Inflation, Acceleration of Universe.
- WORMHOLES: Stability of Thin-shell Wormholes and Lorentzian Wormholes (WHs).
- GRAVITATIONAL LENSING: Weak/Strong Gravitational Lensing, Light Deflection with Topological Defects and Gauss-Bonnet Theorem.
- COMPACT STARS & GRAVASTARS.
- WAVE PROPERTIES OF BHs & WHs: Hawking Radiation, Quasinormal Modes of Black Holes, Greybody factors, Quantum Singularities.
- PARTICLE PROPERTIES OF BHs & WHs: Geodesics and BSW effect of BHs/WHs, Particle Acceleration by BHs/Whs.
- BLACK HOLE CHEMISTRY: Thermodynamics with Lambda, P-V Criticality, Phase Transitions, Super-entropic BH, Van der Waals fluids, Holographic lattices and applications of AdS/CMT, Holographic heat engine , AdS/CFT correspondence, Holographic Superconductors.
- ENTANGLEMENT & COMPLEXITY: Quantum complexity inside black holes; Action Growth Rates.
- MODIFIED GRAVITY THEORIES: Bumblebee model of gravity, Gauss-Bonnet gravity, f(R) gravity, Cosmic strings, Global monopole etc.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. İBRAHİM GÜLLÜ email@example.com
- Massive gravity
- Born-Infeld gravity
- Higher derivatives gravity theories
- Physics around a wormhole
- A Review on thin-shell wormholes
- Stability of thin-shells and thin-shell wormholes in Rainbow-Gravity
- Thin-shells and thin-shell wormholes in f(R) gravity
- Hawking Radiation
- Quasinormal Modes
- Greybody Factor
- AdS/CFT Correspond
- Holographic superconductors
- Black Branes
- Black Holes
North Cyprus Quantum Physics Lab
Position-dependent mass Lagrangians: nonlocal transformations, Euler-Lagrange invariance and exact solvability
Classical and quantum position-dependent mass
Nonlinear dynamics of a position-dependent mass
Non-Hermitian PT-symmetyric and Hermitian Hamiltonians
- Quantum Theory
- Quantum Computing
- Electronic Structure of Macro-Molecules
- Dynamic Systems – Chaos
- Non-Newtonian Calculi
- Computational Physics
- Quantum Tunneling
- Quantum Cryptography
- Time dependent phenomena in Quantum Mechanics
North Cyprus Experimental Physics Lab