PhD Program in Physics
PhD program of the Physics Department requires a minimum of 21 credit-hours of at least 7 courses to be completed, PhD Qualifying Exam, and the PhD thesis.
A. Compulsory Courses
- PHYS600 Ph.D. Thesis
- PHYS611 Mathematical Methods for Engineers and Scientists-II
- PHYS621 Classical Mechanics-II
- PHYS622 Electromagnetic Theory-II
- PHYS652 Quantum Mechanics-II
- PHYS699 Ph.D. Qualifying Exam
- PHYS698 Seminar
B. At Least Two or More Postgraduate Courses from the Following List
- PHYSXXX Any Other Physics Postgraduate Course (either from the existed ones or from the ones to be opened in the future)
- MATHXXX Any Relevant Mathematics Postgraduate Course
- COMPXXX Any Relevant Computer Postgraduate Course
- CHEMXXX Any Relevant Chemistry Postgraduate Course
- GRAD501 Graduate Research Skills for Science & Engineering
- Any Relevant Engineering Postgraduate Course
During the application, applicants who want to join the PhD program of physics department are encouraged to indicate the faculty member whose her/his RESEARCH SUBJECTS attract the attention of the applicant.
Also you can see the QUICK GUIDE for physics PhD program.
PHD QUALIFYING EXAM